Monday, January 17, 2011

When God speaks...

This morning I came across these words in Psalm 103:1-5.

1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

I think I should camp out and study this Psalm. I'll probably post more about it after I work through the writings I've started on the church.

Don't worry, I'm not claiming it as a promise that God will give us everything we desire. But there's a LOT of encouragement in these words. There is much to praise God for. Much to turn my attention from myself. God gives such good things and wants to satisfy our desires with good things. He wants our best. He knows that when we're satisfied with his best we are strong. That's especially encouraging as I've been pretty weary the past few days.

Imagine how my heart danced later today when Ethan grudgingly went for a walk with me and we spotted two eagles soaring above us. Yes, I think I have some encouragement today from my Father.



Will you praise Him with me?

No comments: