Daily I have a choice. (Actually it's more of a moment by moment thing...)
I can look at what I don't have or at what I have.
I can look at what is lost or what is found.
I can look at what's missing or what is present.
I can lament what is lost or give thanks for what is given.
I'm going to to choose to give thanks. Now don't think that this is an easy thing. At the current moment I'm not feeling very thankful. I know in my head that I have ever so much to be thankful for. I know that without all God does I would have and be nothing. But the ache in my heart seems to cloud and muffle the truth in my head. So I choose to do what doesn't feel natural right now. I wouldn't even say that my thankful list is all that creative, all that deep, or all that wonderful. But I am going to choose to give thanks for these things and for this day.
Maybe that's part of what faith is all about. Knowing that what is seen is not really what is. Hmm... sounds like a verse doesn't it? Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 (ESV)
Today may you give thanks. Maybe it's thanks that is easy to give because the visual evidence is great. Maybe it's thanks by faith. Regardless, I hope you will give thanks.
Thankful this past week for:
43. A bath time in which Little Man's hair was washed and their were no tears
44. Hearing my boys playing in the basement
45. Having enough and more than enough and making decisions on how to share it
46. A like minded husband (in some areas)
47. Extra clothes to share
48. Reading MANY books to Little Man
49. A request for "mommy time"
50. A book that seems to express what I've felt and words of wisdom
51. A 20% off entire purchase including sales item coupon
53. Compliments from my husband (honey to the heart)
54. Colored noodles waiting to be turned into a project
55. God listening even when He feels far away
56. Homemade pizza