Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Ideas on Servanthood

Yesterday I came across a site by Priscilla Shirer, the author of a book I've been reading. The article (True Servanthood)that I chose to read there gave me much to think on. How like God to have some of the very same text from that article appear in the chapter of the book that I was reading today. I'm slow to get things I guess, and grateful that He's taking the efforts to make things clear to me.

I was really convicted of how often I offer to serve, but don't really mean it. Have you been there? I mean, you say, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. And like most people, including you, you know that offer won't be taken up on.

I want the boldness to be able to just do! To serve and not let myself get in the way. To not worry about if they really need help, or about my time or resources, but to give. I'm greatly challenged, but may I also be obedient. That's my prayer today. Lord, may I do the things I know I need to. May I serve, not grudgingly, but with a happy and willing spirit. May I serve, and not just offer to serve. May these simple things bring you glory.

AND if you find me at your doorstep with a mop, a casserole, or a shovel, well praise the Lord!

http://www.goingbeyond.com/box/box_dec03.asp

No comments: