Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Be Still

I've had a chance to apply some of what I've been learning. There have been victories and failings. Dear husband hasn't been feeling well and Little Man seems to be under the weather, some also. I had my first experience cleaning up after a sick little boy, so new ground in the servant area! I find that I'm not as compassionate or tenderhearted as I probably should be. And I'm continuing to strive to understand what it means to be a servant in my home. Philippians 2:5-8 continues to speak to me. The phrase, "took the humble position of a slave", is one that I'm really thinking on. I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination that I'm working like a slave or even close to be feeling like one, but at the same time, I'm thinking about what the meant for Christ. A slave doesn't have rights, and I think that's the big point. So, when I want to scream for my time, my space, my rights, I need to think about this.

At the same time that I've been mulling this over, a devotion I was reading was talking about balancing servanthood with being still. You can't hear from God if you're always rushing around serving. So it's been good to balance this idea of servanthood with being still before God and making sure I'm full so that He can do His work through me. I'm sure there will be more about this "being still" thing, but for now I need to sign off. May you have time to be still and know that He is God.

No comments: