Wednesday, February 16, 2011

God, Goodness and Psalm 103- Part 2

Last week I shared that Psalm 103 has been my GPS so to speak. It's the Psalm that keeps pointing the way back to peace and joy with Him. Join me as we continue to look at the remaining ten verses of this Psalm.

"As a father has compassion on his children,so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children— with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts." Psalm 103:13-18

As I shared earlier I tend to get lost when I listen to the father of lies instead of my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how quickly I can end up in a ditch and think that somehow it's God's fault that I'm here. That He's just not really a good Daddy. The light of truth burns bright in this Psalm. Just like earthly father's have compassion on their children, God has compassion on those who fear him. God feels the hurts of those who honor Him. He knows the weaknesses of those who hold him in awe. He knows we are but dust, that the glory of our lives is fleeting. He knows that what hurts me seems gigantic in the scale of my life. It's me who needs to be reminded. I need the reminder of what comes next- God's love is with me forever. As He is eternal, so is the love He gives me. His being and essence of righteousness remains the same. And with the reminder of His position, I see another step to take me back to the path. I am to obey and Him and walk in His covenant. I am to do what I know He says and leave the questions to Him. If they are to be answered, they will be. I am to trust and obey.

"The LORD has established his throne in heaven,and his kingdom rules over all. Praise the LORD, you his angels,you mighty ones who do his bidding,who obey his word. Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. Praise the LORD, all his works everywhere in his dominion.

Praise the LORD, my soul." Psalm 103:13-22


This is the one I am called on to trust and obey: The one whose throne is in heaven. The one who rules over all. The one who speaks and angels rush to do his bidding. The one that heavenly hosts serve. The one whose dominion has no boundaries. Yes, if He can rule all of this. If all of these obey and do as He ways without question, shouldn't I? When I am lost in the questions and begin to wonder who is God? Is He good? Can I trust Him? It's then that these words bring me back to the path and keep me walking with Him.

May your walk today be filled with the joy of His presence as you trust and obey.

No comments: