Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Recently I came across I Corinthians 13 in The Message. Talk about a fresh reading of some familiar words. See what you find.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Did anything stand out to you? Aren't you glad that God loves us with this kind of love and ALSO gives us the power to love like this. My prayer today is that I would put love into action and love in such a way as is described above.

No comments: