I know if you've been reading my blog I told you I'd get off the celebration theme, but this kind of celebration is different!
Welcome to the Ultimate Blog Party, 2009! The ladies at 5 Minutes for Mom's have created a great way for people to connect in the blog world. Click on the banner to learn more and join the party.
If you've joined me from the party, welcome! Let me introduce myself. I'm Melissa, the wife of Dear Husband, the stay at home mom of almost two year old Little Man, and a woman who desires to follow after God with all her heart. Since I stay at home a lot, blogging has done much to help keep me thinking and stay connected to people. I started blogging when Little Man was about to make his grand entrance to the world. Just this year I began this blog because I wanted a place where I could process and share what I was learning. I belong to a great body of believers, but felt that God was leading me to share in this arena. This blog is still growing; you might want to think of it in some kind of caterpillar stage. It's also a pretty serious site...sorry no giveaways, no cute themes yet, and lots of reading. Regardless, of how it changes, I want it always to be a place where you can find some encouragement by connecting to someone who's trying to be the woman God sees her to be.
You might want to check out these posts if you're interested in learning a little more about the site.
Something To Share With A Mom
Back to the party! There's nothing like having a reason to celebrate. Here's what I'm celebrating today:
1. I can see some brown grass and not just a foot of snow in my Maine front yard. AND the calendar says it's spring.
2. Little Man can say Thank You and said it to me on his own without any prompting when I have him some yogurt today.
3. Ice Cream---and the opening of our local ice cream location
4. My God who hasn't given up on me even when He needs to keep repeating the lessons He wants me to learn.
5. The Internet, which allows me to keep in touch with family and friends, and meet new folks like you!
Before you leave, I'm curious. What are you celebrating right now?