Thursday, March 12, 2009

God is Amazing!

Have you ever discovered something in Scripture that just blew you away? Has it ever been a small detail, so small, and yet so significant? I've been amazed by God as I've begun digging deeper into Leviticus 23. I AM SO EXCITED! Leviticus---EXCITING????You know it's God when that's happening!

The Thoenes say in their books that everything means something. Oh, my gosh is that true as I'm discovering in my studies. I wish I could walk in the culture of the Books of the Bible. There is so much I just don't get because I'm not from the culture. I want God to show me more and more of Him and His ways. Slow down and study...everything means something.




So, what am I so excited about? Let me share just a bit, and I'll try to keep sharing as I'm learning. (I would love to us this material to teach a class. We'll see how God leads.)

First, Colossians 2:16-17 says, "So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these rules are only shadows of the reality to come." What we find in Leviticus is a shadow of something else. The feasts are to teach us about Christ.

There are seven feasts. That's right, seven, a significant number in the Bible. It signifies perfection. The seven feasts create a gathering of the Israelites three times during the year. The number three in Scripture refers to completeness, a perfect testimony and witness. So these gatherings are a testimony or witness of Christ. Are you finding this interesting yet?

Hang on, I'm still contemplating this next one. The Hebrew Civil Calendar (based on the moon) was given in Genesis and used through Exodus 12. In Exodus 12, God gives them a new calendar, the Religious Calendar. Two Calendars...two covenants...two testaments.... AND the new Religious Calendar simply renumbers the months so that what was the SEVENTH months in the Civil Calendar is now the FIRST month in the Religious Calendar. Why does the renumbering start with the seventh month? Everything means something. Isn't God amazing? And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'll be back.

No comments: